A 40 year vessel Captain and 25+ year USCG/Homeland Security licensed Tankerman of Hazardous Materials. Safety PIC Specialist for DL, LG LPG, chemical, black oil, poisonous and food grade products for barges and shore facilities. Highly specialized in ship lightering, bunkering, ballasting, split cargoes, high H2S products, blending and handling special circumstance chemical/oil transfers.
* Supervised and maintained equipment to minimize downtime and breakdowns
* Assured vessel was in compliance with government agencies/company policy
* Maintained safety, fire and emergency equipment for vessel seaworthiness
* Conducted all required inspections and drills
* Handled deck logs, inventory reports and crew logs
* Ordering and receipt of supplies, spares and equipment for necessary operation
* Coordinated with work boats, facility and main office
* Ensured load and discharge capacity; oversaw gauging/sampling
* Supervised vessel during hook-ups and disconnections
* Trained new personnel
* High H2S experienced
* Handled hazardous chemicals that are an “Immediate Threat to Life and Health”
* Extensive barge lightering and ballasting experience
* Loaded up to 5 multiple cargoes in one barge
* Bunkering; product mixing, multiple cargoes for multiple jobs
A proven track record as an HSE, Operations, Logistics, Marine Advisor Professional with 20 years of experience in these areas. On a daily basis, I was the person in charge (PIC) of 176 vessels, over 3,000 tank barges, 100's of employees and 100+ transfer destinations throughout the entire USA waterway system.
This included receiving an order from the customer, assigning the proper in-house equipment & manpower for the job, assessing and setting up the additional outside equipment & manpower needed, preparing/making ready said equipment, assigning the adequate vessel(s) to the job, and dissemination of the orders throughout all departments within the company.
My career in the Oil & Gas industry began by tending offshore rigs in Texas. My crew and I refurbished and reconditioned operational rigs in the bay and gulf. This included sandblasting & painting, repairing/replacing piping & valves and repairing/replacing instrumentation. We also worked in the yard, building new offshore Oil & Gas rigs that were later installed in the bays and gulf.
Over time, I began to work more closely with customers in the planning and design phases in Oil & Gas rig development, making sure time-lines were met and costs were kept below budget. Safety and Environmental concerns also became a top priority with the company and the customers, so the company added Field Safetyman to my list of duties.
I am a seasoned and successful Health, Safety and Environmental Professional VP with over 15 years of experience in writing and implementing company-wide Standard Operating Procedures. Currently licensed Associate Safety Professional (ASP) and Certified Safety Professional (CSP). I hold various HAZMAT and HAZWOPER certifications.
I am a Command Manager for environmental spills, investigations, accidents and deaths in the Oil & Gas industry. Duties include notifications of the applicable state and local authorities, the National Response Center, Emergency Response, the US Coast Guard and company/customer representatives. This includes coordinating emergency spill response contractors, the US Coast Guard and other necessary equipment/manpower resources to ensure minimal environmental impact.